Things I would change to make the game more balanced...and hopefully more fun
After thinking about it a little more, I think these changes would be better than the previous ones I suggested:
1) KNJ (substitution) will be done by tapping the chakra button and then the tapping the block button. It will still require the same amount of chakra as before to activate however, using KNJ will allow a copy (substitute) of yourself to appear instantly. Here is how it would work:
* The copy will be able to use all your moves, combos, jutsu, etc but it wont be able to charge up the chakra bar. If your chakra depletes all the way before the copy takes any damage it will disappear and you will reappear without any chakra.
* Once the copy takes any damage by an oppenents attack it will disappear. The copy will be able to block, but on stronger attacks that have chip damage it will disappear. On ranged attacks you will reappear with your health unharmed in the same place you were hit and on melee attacks, chakra dashes, and throws you will appear behind the opponent with health unharmed. In either case you will have the same amount of chakra left as the copy had.
* Some awakening forms don't use KNJ i.e. Itachi, Deidera, Bee, and Choji. That would still be the case.
* I know Rock Lee can only use Taijutsu, so his version of this KNJ would be "heightened senses". He won't make a copy but his "heightened senses" will allow him to avoid the damage he would have taken. However, in exchange for these "heightened senses" he wont be able to charge up the chakra bar. The same will be true of Naruto's awakening.
2) I noticed the 4 ranged characters have a ground melee combo and an air melee combo. The melee characters should all get a ground ranged combo and a ranged air combo.
3) Combos and tilts should use up chakra. The stronger the combo or tilt the more chakra it should use.
4) I would change 2 things about awakenings. Itachi shoudn't be able to use chakra dash in his awakening, and the nine tails "Tailed Beast Bomb" should have less tracking (i.e. more similar to Killer Bee)
5) Ultimates shouldn't be able to be used unless they can definitely finish off an opponent (i.e. opponent has 1/2 or less of the last health bar remaining). Also because they are ultimates you shouldn't be able to block them, however, you can use KNJ.
6) I think items should play a bigger role. Here is what I think about items:
* Exploding tags, kunai, and bombs should not be able to be blocked.
* You should be able to customize each characters item load out offline, then be able to save it and use that custom load out online.
* Add in new items like Traps (things you can place on a stage that does something to the opponent once they step in that area)
i.e. You set a trap that does when triggered it surrounds the opponent with exploding tags
i.e. You set a trap that when triggered it depletes the opponents chakra bar
7) Add in a Training Mode.
ohhh yeah!! i love No.1 on this thread.
one thing that I didn't like about this game.
1. combos are useless coz of substitution jutsu.
I can deal with all awakening skills and shuriken spam, I got no problem with that.
(I'm not being cocky or something.)
uhm.. I really don't have any problems about that substitution jutsu but i just wanted to have a good fight and use more fist and combos instead of tapping R2 (fast) to substitute and then (grab/use skills) to counter.
"tapping R2 (fast) to substitute and then (grab/use skills) to counter" <<< This method turns the game into a substitution jutsu contest. Actually, this method bores me as a player. :(
I was really really reaaaally glad after reading No.1 on this thread.
Please could you add the MOST IMPORTAINT things to the new NAruto Generations game!
I have noticed that Ultimate ninja storm 2 is not that great, it seems that a lot of things are mising, which are most ferociously imporatant to have.
Where is the MASH, rasengan vs chidori, is a battle any more, :( I missed the button pressing competition,
Ultimate jutsus; you cannot stop them any more, plus I have missed all those button pressing activities (press B the most, or press certain buttons the fastest) that were enjoyable through out ultimate ninja series,
What was really annoying that I could not run around Konoha (ultimate ninja storm), jump, climb on buildings (the broken bond), Summon clones, rassengan, run on water (broken bond).........I missed that.
C'mon a "background mission", to deliver some letters, or go and find a person is not exciting, why not run around on water, Climb a tree (ultimate ninja 2), hand signs (chronicles 2), forest (ultimate ninja storm), I prefered ultimate ninja storm, because it was not just "fighting"
ADD NEW MAPS,
"naruto bridge (naruto, haku fights)
I have also wanted to point out that the clothes of the characters have not changed during the fight. For example, When fighting against haku, add some more blood, ripped clothes, dirtier face, all those details would make a difference. LIKE sasuke vs Itachi battle on Ultimate ninja storm 2 was really realistic and emotional. That is what I was hoping to see through out the storm 2 game, but unfortunatly it was not brilliant,
Therefore I AM putting my hopes to the NAruto ultimate ninja storm generations game which should not miss out silly mistakes.
Ultimate ninja Storm Generations
I just hope that you get to free roam in this game(ninja storm generations). storm 2 is probably one of the best games I've played, but i miss some stuff from storm 1. BTW does enybody now if they will make DLC's for ninja storm generations