Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 official press release
Thought I'd share these since I always get them in my email directly from Namco Bandai's PR. Namco Bandai's Most Renowned Ninja Returns To The PlayStation2 In Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2
Become a Valiant Hero in This Fierce and Addicting Sequel
SANTA CLARA, Calif., (April 18, 2007) - The battle continues as leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that its popular ninja combat franchise will return to the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in NARUTOTM: Uzumaki ChroniclesTM 2. Boasting an exciting new storyline, multi-player battles, and an additional array of playable characters, NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 follows the success of its prequel to deliver an original adventure with intense combat. Based on the hit animated TV series SHONEN JUMPTM NARUTOTM, from VIZ Media, players can expect fierce ninjutsu action with challenging missions set in a picturesque anime-style 3D world. NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 is set to be released in late-summer 2007.
"In response to the overwhelming success, we felt compelled to give fans a superior sequel to NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles by digging deeper into the series; allowing gamers to become further engulfed into the ninja lifestyle," said Makoto Iwai, Executive Vice President and COO at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc, "NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 will deliver the excitement of ninja combat on a massive scale while remaining true to the unique franchise."
A brand new tale arrives as Naruto faces different challenges to defend the Hidden Leaf Village and surrounding villages from the evil force trying to dominate it. An ancient organization, which was thought to have been disbanded, is alive and in search of orbs to resurrect a mechanical terror. It's now up to Naruto and all of the Hidden Leaf Genin to join forces with those of the Hidden Sand Village to stop this menace.
NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 far exceeds its predecessor with features including:
- New Original Adventure - Explore the Naruto world with a brand new story line that can only be experienced through NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2
- Multiplayer Co-op and Vs Battles - During the game, a second player is able to join in on the action for a simultaneous two-player adventure! Or, fight head-to-head with a friend and battle it out for the title of Hokage.
- Multiple Modes of Play - Additional gameplay modes further enhance the Naruto experience:
- Story Mode - Play alone or with a friend and traverse a lush, 3-D anime-style world in which Naruto and his friends work together to unravel the mystery of the Shirogane Clan and their nefarious army of "puppet walkers." Hone your skills to become the ultimate warrior and unlock a secret chapter of the story.
- Mission Mode - Take on a series of challenging side missions.
- Survival Mode - Test your skills to become the ultimate warrior and unlock a secret mission.
- Multiple Playable Characters - Choose your favorite ninja, including Naruto, Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Kakashi, Guy, Sasuke, or Choji, to complete story-driven missions and intense challenges.
- Character Customization - Prove yourself in battle and earn money to create the ultimate warrior using Chips and Plates that can customize your character's speed, strength, stamina and even special moves.
- Lethal Attacks and Weapons - Harness the power of Rasengan, Lightning Blade, Sand Coffin, and other moves, straight from the series!
Re: Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 official press release
Ugh, tell me about it. In the first one she was soo depressing. I wanted to kill Sasuke for making Sakura cry like that. AND I DID!!! Yea, Sakura is my favorite Kunoichi too. Gota love them pink haired girls!!