I think you will love this game if you liked the first one cause I did.
Here are some of the improvements & changes I have encountered so far (I am on mission 5)
- You can play with the other characters as well as Naruto. By playing I mean they will not be available for just a limited time like in the first game, and you will be able to develop their skills. It is also possible to continue the most of the whole game with that characters (unless some particular mission forces you to choose some particular characters).*
- You can play the game 2 people. In multi plater missions, the other player can join the game with another controller and choosing another character in the game. However beware I have never tried this one!
- There are extra skills that you can improve. Now taijutsu attack, taijutsu defense, ninjutsu attack and ninjutsu defense skills are added to the older ones (life and chakra). You can also improve them by spending virtue points.
- Money is added to game.
- Health orbs are added to game. These are green orbs that will increase your health.
- You have a fixed skill plate, however it is possible to expand it with money. (In the older game you were gaining new skill plates with missions.)
- Skill chips can only be bought from the store in the village or in the main screen.
- Skill chips require money to be bought instead of virtue points*
- Items require money to be bought instead of trade.
- You can also sell your items.
- You cannot take throwing items with you or trade (sell) them. You can only have one type of throwing item with you during your fights. When you try to get the other one you drop the current one. (This one is some kind of bad, however more realistic comparing with the first game.)
- Before saving the game, if confirms for the memory card location (even if there is only one)
- In game saves are done with 'X' instead of 'square'.
- For Naruto, rasengan and shadow clone are done instantly which makes them more useful and powerful.